One of the most crucial pieces of public infrastructure, street-led lights guarantee both the safe and efficient movement of traffic. Lights like this make walking and driving safer at night. As a result of the increased visibility afforded by better outdoor street lighting systems, people in metropolitan areas might feel safer while walking about at night.
Remote control of the output
· Light pollution makes it difficult to see at night, thus street lamps are installed to bring previously obscured features into sharp focus.
· When combined with sensors, the technology enables real-time notifications for city-wide issues like traffic flow, parking availability, power outages, and potential accidents, and it also allows for remote control of the output of individual lamps.
Intelligent remote management
Changing to street led lights across a city may cut energy use by half. With the addition of intelligent remote management, that number may rise to as high as 80% in certain cases. The concept of a smart street lighting system was developed to reduce energy consumption and make adjustments like dimming easier.
Long-lasting and robust option
· Currently, scene management software is utilized to reduce lights by 30% when there are fewer people or automobiles in the area and brighten them when there is more foot traffic.
· LED street lights are the latest innovation, providing more illumination for less energy use and requiring less upkeep throughout the lamp’s lifespan. Street led lights are the most ecological, long-lasting, and robust option for public illumination.
Smart street lights make sure their products can be readily monitored, controlled, and serviced.
· Smart streetlighting has economic advantages beyond only lowering energy consumption, which is great for the environment and governments’ budgets.
· Signify is expanding on the fact that smart street lights can now pay for themselves via energy savings.
Pre-programmed light scenario
· The brightness of a connected street light is automatically adjusted by a smart street light based on data collected by an algorithm and several sensors.
· Human presence, traffic, and weather conditions may all be used as inputs, along with the local sunset and dawn timings, daily light level schedule, and pre-programmed light scenarios.
· When referring to a street light, the term “full die-cast” indicates that the whole housing of the fixture is produced from die-casting.
The radiator is built right into the lamp’s housing, while the LED light source is a separate component that is screwed into the lamp body beside the lens.
Click here for more information.