The Best Way to use Body Lotion, Face Toner, Face Cream, Body Oil, Face Serum – The Ayurvedic Way
Ancient Ayurvedic texts emphasize the importance of maintaining balance in the body, mind, and spirit. This balance is essential for glowing skin and overall well-being. In this article, we will explore the best way to use body lotion, face toner, face cream, body oil, and face serum, focusing on the Ayurvedic approach and the benefits of body oil for dry skin and natural body oil.
Body Oils: Nourishing Your Skin
The best way to use body oils is right after a shower when your skin is still damp. This helps lock in moisture, keeping your skin soft and hydrated throughout the day. According to Ayurveda, choose 100% natural body oils containing ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter, black gram, or coconut oil for maximum benefits. Here are some simple steps to follow:
1. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel after a shower.
2. Apply a small amount of body oil to your palms.
3. Gently massage the oil onto your skin in circular motions.
4. Allow the oil to fully absorb before putting on clothes.
Face Toner: Balancing Your Skin’s pH
It is recommended to use a face toner to balance skin’s pH and to keep it clean and refreshed. Face toners made with natural and Ayurvedic ingredients like rose, witch hazel, and chamomile can help soothe and calm your skin. To use a face toner, follow these steps:
1. Cleanse your face with a gentle, Ayurvedic face wash.
2. Apply the face toner to a cotton pad.
3. Gently swipe the pad across your face, avoiding the eye area.
4. Allow the toner to dry before proceeding to the next step in your skincare routine.
Face Cream: Restoring Moisture and Nutrients
Face creams should be applied after using a face toner. Select a cream made with natural and Ayurvedic ingredients, such as almond oil, aloe vera, or turmeric, to promote a healthy complexion. To apply face cream:
1. Take a small amount of cream and warm it between your fingertips.
2. Gently massage the cream into your face and neck using upward and outward strokes.
3. Allow the cream to absorb into your skin before applying makeup or sunscreen.
Body Oil for dry skin
A luxurious way to hydrate your skin dry skin is by using body oils, that are lightweight, fast absorbing, yet deeply nourishing – making them perfect for hydrating your skin. Sesame, almond, or jojoba oil, among others are some of the best Natural body oils recommended in Ayurveda for their nourishing properties. To use these body oils, follow these steps:
1. Apply a few drops of oil to your palms.
2. Rub your hands together to warm the oil.
3. Gently massage the oil into your skin using circular motions.
Face Serum: Targeted Skin Care
Ayurveda-inspired face serums are made with potent botanical extracts that target specific skin concerns, such as aging, pigmentation, or acne. Apply face serum after your face toner and before your face cream. To use a face serum:
1. Apply 2-3 drops of serum to your fingertips.
2. Gently pat the serum onto your face and neck, focusing on problem areas.
3. Wait for the serum to absorb before applying face cream.
By incorporating Ayurvedic practices and natural ingredients into your skincare routine, you can achieve healthy, glowing skin. Remember to choose body lotions, face toners, face creams, body oil for dry skin, and face serums made with natural ingredients for the best results. Embrace the wisdom of Ayurveda and give your skin the care it deserves.