KNOW THESE THINGS ABOUT STREET LED LIGHTS
As we all know driving at night is risky and is the cause of various serious accidents and it is also proven. In addition, because of the decreased visibility on the highways at night, pedestrians and other road users are also in danger. Fortunately, reasonable solutions for street lighting can successfully address each of these problems.
Street-led lights are important for maintaining safe and efficient traffic flow on roads. These lights increase visibility during the night, thus improving both the safety of automobiles and pedestrians.
Furthermore, by enhancing the quality of nighttime light, outdoor street lighting solutions can also increase the security of the locals in metropolitan areas.
Why use LED street lighting?
Civic authorities previously relied on conventional Street led lights like fluorescents, sodium vapour street lights, or mercury vapour street lights until the arrival of LEDs.
Even though these lights provided the necessary illumination levels, they still required maintenance and had durability and efficiency issues. Authorities gradually shifted their reliance on solar and LED-based street lighting systems to gain the most advantages.
Some of the key benefits of Street led lights include the following:
● Higher efficiency and better illumination with lower power usage.
● Releases local government from having to worry about maintenance.
● LEDs guarantee accurate colour reproduction and successful glare reduction. This makes it straightforward for drivers to see items.
● LEDs are powered with rapid “On & Off” capabilities, unlike sodium vapour and mercury vapour lights that take a long time to warm up and switch on.
● Fluorescent lights emit less light in the cold. Luckily, LED streetlights don’t operate in this way.
● Nighttime insects are not drawn to smart street lights.
LED streetlights are more environmentally friendly and long-lasting in comparison to other lighting options.
How should a street lighting option be chosen?
Municipal authorities should never choose a smart street lights solution without first doing an in-depth investigation. They should weigh all factors:
● brightness level
● number of streetlights
● LED package, etc
● IP rating, pole height
The LED street light’s wattage
The factor affecting LED street lighting is wattage. Typically, wattage determines how bright a light is. However, when the street light is installed, these are the factors that affect the lux on the ground:
● the height of the pole
● the pole distance
● the width of the road,
● the length of the boom,
● the distance from the pole to the road
Depending on whether they are illuminating a residential neighbourhood, busy road, or town centre, the lamps used in streetlights vary in size and power consumption. It is often believed that a streetlight has an average power consumption of about 80 watts.
Use of LED street lighting
Many applications are possible for LED road lamps.
● Highways, minor routes, and primary roads all require additional lighting for safety.
● Streets for pedestrians, bike lanes, emergency lanes, additional roadway sections alongside the carriageway, and residential roads. The P lighting class (P1 to P6) is typically required for these applications.
● Additional outside lighting is provided in places including the factory’s facade, the playground, and parking lots.
If you are searching for street led lights then you should know the top brand in professional lighting is PHILIPS. We offer top-notch energy-efficient lighting systems, goods, and services.
Call us: 000 800 050 7777